December 10, 2021 - Advent Week 2

 

A picture of my cat patiently waiting for Christmas.

 

"Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a
son, and will call him Immanuel"


Advent is a time when I am reminded of my own experiences of waiting for babies to arrive. I
am not a patient person when it comes to waiting for babies. I just get so excited to see
every baby.


I am also not very patient when it comes to waiting in lines. I find that if I have to wait in a
line to go into a restaurant that I am already so frustrated by the time I get into the restaurant
that I can't even enjoy myself.


I'm also too impatient for long car rides, cold brew coffee, ordering things online, movies
where the full credits are at the beginning instead of at the end, and growing my hair out.


The world was expecting Jesus' birth 700 years before he was born. I am not a patient
person, especially when it comes to waiting for Christmas. Advent is a time when I can feel a
sense of community around waiting. We're all trying our best to be patient.


This is a song that I really like, and my family listens to all year round because we never stop
impatiently waiting for Christmas.

- Stef Collins

 


 

Popular posts from this blog

December 1, 2021 - Advent Week 1

December 3, 2021 - Advent Week 1

December 24, 2021 - Advent week 4